Friday 15 February 2008

Half term

Its been a busy half term for me. I have just finished my temporary contract and will be back on supply teaching for the rest of the school year which I am not looking forward too. The last week at school brought an OFSTED inspection, (least said the better) which we all survived unscathed.
I came home on the last day with enough flowers to start a florists and some very nice wine and chocolates.




The week has rushed by and I vowed not to do anything schooly until next week. I have budgeted for another week at home.

I have done a little more of Mother Nature and started a wall hanging but this will not be mentioned too much as I hope it will turn out good enough to give as a gift.

John and I had an enjoyable Valentine's day he bought me two china cats and a book about the periodic table (some thing that has always fascinated me) we went to a lunchtime concert at the university, preceded by an exhibition at Cartwright Hall. Afterwards we had lunch at the local Thai restaurant. We finished off our cultural day at Gallery 1

I have just finished a piece of stitching. It was a gift included in a swap I did back in the summer and it fits extremely well in a tuck cushion that I was given around the same time so is that for a coincidence?



and this is the back of the cushion

1 comment:

Irene said...

Love your tuck pillow, the fabric is just perfect for it !