Saturday 31 December 2016

The last day of the year

And what a year it has been.  Bad weather, many 'celebrity' types dying, Brexit Trump!

My year has plodded on as normal. Not too many crises. The plural of crisis never looks correct but I looked it up! I completed the Read harder 2016 challenge and I think I will do 2017. It does mean I read things I would not normally read.

Looking back through my records and photos I cannot decide whether I have made as much this year as usual. My Christmas Mother Nature at the beginning of the year took quite a while

Here she is all lit up. I found some really large Christmas pudding earrings in Paperchase in the week. (reduced of course ) I think she will be wearing those next year. My biggest achievement was learning to crochet.


We had a great Christmas on Teesside with Libby Steve Jaco and the cats.




It was quite warm but windy and the sand blowing towards the sea was amazing to watch.
One bit of worrying news though. Tia has not really been herself lately and so we visited the vet yesterday. She has had blood tests and been diagnosed with  Hyperthyroidism.   

So she is on tablets for 3 weeks to try and stable it. Once it is we have to decide whether to keep

on with tablets for life or surgery to remove her thyroid. At the moment our biggest concern is making sure she swallows the tablets. She isn't eating much.
Happy NewYear
Let's hope it's  a good year. 

1 comment:

Julie said...

It's so worrying when you have a sick pet, my thoughts are wth you.
Wishing you all good health and happy times in the new year.