Saturday 21 January 2012

bits and pieces

This week you can join in with star count


all you need is a clear sky. We tried to join in last year but the light pollution is so bad here we hardly ever see any stars.

Next weekend you can join in the big bird count

hopefully we will get better results for that. Although in previous years the amount of birds visiting seems to dropped compared to the rest of the week.We think it is because other people are feeding them. We get quite a good selection of birds now and a blackbird and a robin spend loads of time hopping around.

I have been sorting out and have go rid of loads of magazines that have accumulated over the years. I have taken out bits that possibly could be made. Next is the school stuff. I have loads of worksheets that would be deemed boring and useless by the Minister of Ed.

The weather warmed up but it is blowing a gale again now. The poor finch could hardly hang on the starling managed much better

We have crocuses


and the spare garlic is coming through


most of it was planted at the allotment.

Thanks for coming and if you left a comment

4 comments:

Lyn said...

I saw a woodpecker in our garden today and was very excited, whats the chances he will come back and be counted next week!
xxx

mrsnesbitt said...

Hi Wendy I came to your blog because my heart went out to you when I read your comment on Demob's blog about Ofsted. I have just retired (early @ 55) from teaching and so felt for what you wrote. I will add your blog to my list as I really liked seeing your patchwork and sewing - a wonderful, calming activity which brings home the importance of self assurance.
I am just rediscovering my sewing skill! Notice the singular "skill" lol!
Denise xx

Pumpkin said...

You have crocuses coming up???? I'm jealous ;o) Although I shouldn't complain because it's been a very mild winter here and we had pansies in the garden up until December.

Soggibottom said...

We loved your star count link. THANKS WENDY.
BIG BIRD COUNT :-) We have hawks around here :-) Bring it on :-)
Year of the dragon I believe. I will have to do my homework, the only dragon around here is me :-) Beautiful photo's as always Wendy... give you know who TIA a very big love and kisses :-) x x x