Wednesday 31 August 2011

Holiday is over now.

Our last trip of the holiday was to the Leeds West Indian Carnival on bank holiday Monday. It was a bit chillier than other years. The parade was colourful




and the rice and peas with chicken tasty.

Between trips over the last few weeks John dug up the main crop potatoes



However when he dug up the other two varieties many of the of them had little circular bore holes in them and had to be thrown away. So mixed feelings about this year's crop.
We have had plenty of runner beans, broad beans, mange tout, lettuce, radish and a couple of cabbages and cauliflowers. So overall it has been a good year.

On my travels I so all sorts of goodies here are some I purchased



The watch and ear rings I bought at a brilliant ladies clothes shop by Carnforth Station.

The yarn and fabric came from Abakhan in Liverpool.

This my last week of the school holidays. Schools go back next week and I have to prepare for my tuition which begins the following week. In between I shall decide what I am making for Christmas!

No comments: