Friday 11 February 2011

Today...

... is a dreary drizzly day so I thought I would cheer it it up with another little hint of the spring day we had on Tuesday.

These are taken a few days apart can you see the difference?




The birds have been busy nibbling the fat slab

The side facing the kitchen window has not been nibbled at all. Yesterday there were three different species of bird in the cage eating together, a sparrow, blackbird and a blue tit. Not so surprising to those with a well established garden, but pretty exciting for our little backyard. Sorry did not get a photo of them.

The first bottle cover is knitted. I made a small mistake and so the first colour change is not as wide as it should be so on the second side I had to fiddle it a bit. I misread the pattern. It has all worked out though.

However I have delayed the stitching up. The instructions say you do not need to stitch in the ends but I expect I will!
So I have started the second one instead, it is a bit more girly


I have not mentioned the allotment much recently. John has been very busy marking out beds and when he sends me the photos I will be able to show the progression. I have not been down for ages. certainly not recently because of you know what. I am not going to bore any one with how it is at the moment.

Thank you for all the comments I am very remiss in replying.


5 comments:

Jennytc said...

Isn't it cheering to see the first signs of spring!

mumzy said...

You are so lucky to have signs of Spring. It will be quite a while before we get to that point - we have almost 4 feet of snow so far and very cold weather.

Soggibottom said...

Yes, to see Spring push through the cold earth is a heart warming sight.
HOW'S YOUR FOOT ?
:-) x x x

Pumpkin said...

I can't believe you are working on your garden already! Hopefully in one more month we'll be closer ;o)

Sally said...

Things are starting to bloom already aren't they. As much as I love Winter it's so nice to see signs of Spring.