Wednesday 28 April 2010

growing

Although Spring began late this year everything is finally beginning to grow. The trees in our street should be in full leaf soon. There was one bonus standing at the bus stop on Monday John and I could here squawking and in the fork of two branches in the tree opposite we could just see the heads of baby birds being fed by their parent. Could not identify the kind of bird though and it flew off too quickly for us to get a good look.

The sun brought these into flower...


...not sure what they are called but they look similar to a daffodil. In the grow bag we have radish and cut and come again salad leaves. The leaves did very well last year. There are three compartments but I did not photograph the bare patch in the third. However this afternoon I did notice a hint of green shoots coming through, so things change very quickly.



In the mini green house there are various small plants including tomatoes.

We have far too many!
I am hoping the weather is favourable at the weekend so we can plant out the sweet peas

Grace's cardi is also growing but not I fear as fast as she would like


I do not seem to have had much time. I have had an enjoyable time back at the school I was working at before Easter. I just love working with individual children.
I have not had much time to sew this last week.
My broken tooth has been repaired, the back is almost better except for the odd ache now and again.
Thanks for dropping by


6 comments:

Sally said...

Everything looks as though it's growing nicely Wendy.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Your plants are looking cheerful. Glad to know that your tooth is ok and you are enjoying your teaching time.

Angela said...

Your plants are far more advanced than mine. Your garden looks very pretty xxxx

Soggibottom said...

Putting the things that are growing in my garden to shame. :-) x x x

bois-fleurie said...

I am glad you like my doll and pleased your comment led me to look at your blog. It makes me smile.

Pumpkin said...

Look at all your wonderful plants! I wish we had room for a proper garden.

Glad to hear that you got your tooth fixed :o)