Saturday 21 June 2008

Here it is


the secret I made for my sister's birthday, which was yesterday. It is my version of a wall hanging pattern by Country Folk (Brenda Walker), I bought the pattern a while ago at a show in Harrogate with Angela in mind as she loves sheep.

I am really pleased with the way it has turned out





Especially with the little birds in the corners


This is the first quilted hanging I have made and I had some difficulty getting the stitches to come out in the same place on the back as the front. I have other projects in mind for later on in the summer.


I have been really busy the past few weeks working but found out yesterday the supply job I thought I had until the end of term will finish on Thursday, with me going back for a few odd days. Luckily I think I have worked enough to fund the summer holidays and the beginning of next term.

I have done no sewing at all for at least three weeks and I am anxious to get back to it. Mother Nature needs her skirt sewn on and all her leaves too. And she told me it might be a good idea to attach her head to her body as it is balanced at the moment!

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

That's wonderful Wendy! You did a splendid job and I'm sure your sister was very pleased with it :o)