Sunday 28 June 2015

A couple of makes


I have finished my hat using a circular needle which I had never done before. The lady I bought the kit from at Yarndale suggested using the magic loop method to do the last part of the decreasing. I looked it up on Youtube and could probably have worked it out  but on the trip to Clitheroe a couple of weeks ago I found some mini dpns and they were brilliant so I can now tick off dpns as something else I can do.

These three strips are mini cushions made from two balls of yarn from Texere. I would post a link to the yarn but they are down for maintenance at the moment.

and some flowers

a very nice clematis flower. Libby bought me this last year and as well as this lovely bllom there are quite a few fat buds.

I grew this Dianthus  a few  years ago from a free offer. I has been a bit neglected in the double planter but each year seems to do well and the fragrance is amazing.

I have neglected the blog too this month but not much has been happening I don't suppose any one noticed though.


3 comments:

middleangel said...

I did but you have been busy making me nice stuff x love the hat and flowers.

Julie said...

Fabulous hat, I too used a circular needle for the first time this year. IT was much easier than I thought it would be.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Your hat is lovely. One day perhaps I will start knitting again. Love the clematis one of my favourite flowers