Tuesday 23 December 2014

makings

 Last Monday I had a message from Terri to say that she had posted my swap ornament. So I thought that if the post was very kind and efficient it might make it here by Christmas Eve. Imagine my surprise on Friday when there on the mat was a jiffy bag from USA and inside this lovely ornament.

It is beautiful, stitched over one thread and patterned on both sides. Thank you Terri so much.

I have finally finished Mr Snowman
He is adapted from a pattern in a book by Debbie Mumm that has sat on my shelf for years. I am more than pleased with how he has turned.

These little chaps I designed my self having seen a string on paper ones in our local Waterstones cafe.


I had to make the scarf in two pieces and so if I make another set with make and adjustment on the pattern.

These stars are made from two layers of felt covered in some rather nice organza type reindeer fabric.  I cut the out with pinking sheers and stuff them with polyester stuffing and a few cloves. Two I have strung with red thread for my daughter and the other 3 will become some kind of dangle for my house.

The sewing machine is now packed away for a small break. I expect I shall be knitting over the holiday.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year




5 comments:

Twiggy said...

Wow what fantastic makes. I had lots of ideas and ran out of time, think I need to start in Summer next year !
Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year
Twiggy

Mary Ann Tate said...

Have a wonderful Christmas and an extra special New Year:)

Soggibottom said...

Very festive they all look too :-)
Have a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.
:-) x x x

Unknown said...

Can I please put in an order for a string of snowmen for next year. Thank you. Libby xxxx

Julie said...

A gorgeous ornament you were sent
Merry Christmas x