Sunday 1 December 2013

It's all quiet here....

... at the moment. Most of the sewing, knitting etc is secret so I cannot post any details yet. You never know who is reading. Although I am sure my mother won't be.

The only item I can show is this. I started it this time last year and knew it would not be finished in time to hang so put it in a safe place. Then after Christmas could not find it.   Over the summer there it was sitting in a box on the shelf laughing at me.
It is now finished and hanging next to my winter Mother Nature doll. And they set each other off very well. No photo of them together until the Christmas decorating is finished. I have to confess the snowmen were out early this year and the tree will be out sometime in the next few days.

We have had lots of birds in the garden. Although I am still concerned because there is no sign of the blackbirds. The robin, sparrows and tits all share out the supply of food between them. But the starlings 

and the magpie tend to eat everything that is put out in one mad grab.
While the gold finches usually have this feeder to themselves. Last week I discovered that the fatball feeder and the crook shaped metal pole it hangs on has disappeared. Stolen I fear by a human.



We had a lovely sunset  on Thursday.










Last week end we went to the Knitting and Stitching show in Harrogate. I enjoyed it especially the exhibitions. But it was so crowded, I think we might go on an earlier day next time. They need to sort out the stash buyers who come with shopping trolleys and crates on wheels though. I tripped over at least two.

I am sure many exhibitors lost sales because people could not get to the stalls


  




2 comments:

Soggibottom said...

Ah, lovely sunset you had up there. Grey skies and cold down here.. Shame about your bird feeder, seems as if even a humble bird feeder needs to have a ID stamped on it.
Now, come on Wendy, we won't tell anyone :-) Lets see what you have been working on :-)
Lots of love x x x

YourSpecialDog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.