Sunday 18 April 2010

backs, birds, bunny, fish

I hurt my back! Without doing anything much really. I have hurt it many times before and ten years or so ago spent months in excruciating pain and misery. So I am usually really careful. All I did was spend twenty minutes or so on the phone but managed to twist into a position that seemed ok until a bit later when I felt the dreaded twinge. It has gradually eased over the week with the help of the TENS machine and deep heat. I did not fancy a trip to the doctors as I had made a rare visit that very morning for advice on my numb fingers and toes. As I already knew it was Reynaud's but its been much worse lately. So I have tablets to take to see how it goes. I am not a fan of medication.

So the delicate back meant taking it easy over the next few days and missing the classical concert on Friday night because the seats we had for the season are somewhat cramped and don't do backs any favours at the best of times. I did go and get my hair cut though and now look a bit more civilised. ( not enough to upload a photo though).
Our new blackbird spent some time in the garden feeding



look who was watching too. It's been a bit quiet bird wise lately. I imagine that that they are beginning to nest.

The jumper is finished and Mercedes is happy to be the proud owner

This is next on the agenda

and there is only one bear it could possibly be for!


The fish hanging now has a border and needs some backing fabric


and I have taken the Easter hanging down to finish the embellishment.

thanks for popping by

6 comments:

mumzy said...

Sorry to hear about your back. It can be a miserable pain. Your pics are great.

Angela said...

Sorry to hear you are in pain. not nice at all . Lovely photo's of Garden looks lovely and sunny.
Its ashame its not warm atm as it doesn't get dark till gone 9 now xxxx

Angela said...

I'd like one lke that

Soggibottom said...

She's right Wendy, the colours are lovely.
Your darling cat is having a great time, and isn't moving !
x x x

Shashi Nayagam said...

Sorry that you hurt your back. Hope it is much better now.

Pumpkin said...

Wendy, I'm sorry to hear about your back. DH put his back out over a week ago and it's hard to see him in such pain :o( I hope it gets better real soon.

Another gorgeous sweater and for a bunny too! ;o)

Your garden is coming alive! We bought a bird feeder for the Downy Woodpeckers. They are so cute to watch.