Tuesday 29 November 2016

nearly December

Last week was busy, two trips out.
On Thursday John and went to the Knitting and Stitching show in Harrogate. There was some amazing work on display.


I have chosen a couple where I credited the artist. I didn't always manage to do this.
This was one of my favourite pieces.
I was very good and did not go over budget with my purchases
These included a crocket kit that I shall be working towards making. The vendor assured me that it is easy! The fabric is from a local firm Bombay Stores and was £1 50 a metre. I should have bought more. But as it is a Bradford store then I could just pop along.

Saturday saw us in Manchester at the Velodrome for the cycling.




It was very exciting to watch it in real life instead of just on tv and the pace of the whole event was fast with no hanging around between races.

The crochet is progressing



I can't believe I am doing so well. The starting chain is a bit tight but I think with a bit of practise it will be OK.

I have seen several Christmas trees up already I have started to get the stuff out of storage but it will be awhile before its all up. I think you have to wait until December.

Thank you if you leave a comment I haven't always managed to reply.

2 comments:

Angie in T.O. said...

I love turning the calendar to Dec. 1st! I have bit of Xmas up around the house, and plan on finishing this weekend. :) Best to you and yours.

Julie said...

Nice stash from your trip to Harrogate.
Our tree will hopefully be up by the end of the weekend if I can persuade DH to nip up into the attic to find the boxes.