Tuesday 11 November 2014

November

It's cold and damp and high winds and rain have been forecast for the forseeable future. It will be interesting to see how accurate it all is.

The garden is looking a bit lost at the moment although there are still a few flowers in bloom.
This photo was taken at the beginning of the month.


It was a warm day you can just about see the bee I rescued from the washing.

Here she is on my t shirt.

Today it is damp and dreary but Magic came to visit.  I am still not sure who is looking after him after the death of his adopted owner  nearly three years ago.



However he is wearing a collar  and despite the grey in his coat he is looking well and cared for. There are quite a few black cats around here but Magic is easy to recognise as he sticks his little pink tongue out.

I have been busy making Christmas decorations.

 I made some of these last year. They have a sachet of cloves inside. I have left the top open so that it can be replaced when the fragrance disappears.
 I fancied some rustic stars. I bought the fabric at Harrogate* last years and the string from Boyes, Christmas range. I think I shall be treated myself to some new pinking shears mine are over 40 years old now.
 This little doublesided bird was part of a free gift on a magazine. I think he needs an eye or two.

I have several other things made but not photographed and a pile of fabric waiting to be used.

* Not long now until this year's show.   I have the tickets but will buy the guide on the day it was nearly twice the price in advance!

5 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

As the revamp of my room approaches finalisation I am itching to get going with some sewing projects.

Soggibottom said...

So far Wendy, the forecast is right. Rain and high winds :-)
Someone's Christmas Tree is going to look well furnished this year. Lovely to see that you keep a beady eye on Magic. Always lovely to put a face to his name :-) x x x

Angela said...


Always lovely to see the things you've made I've decided where to put my Christmas wall hanging ,it will go up on the 1st December.

Sconser weather station is up and running ,just got to connect it to computer and then hopefully to Highland Weather's website. Magic looks a lovely cat. xx

Shashi Nayagam said...

Love the little decorations. Isn't Magic a beautiful cat. Glad to know that he is taken care of.

Sally said...

Love those decorations Wendy.

Magic is so cute. The black one that visits us sticks his tongue out and also drools! Not seen him for a few days though.

Yep rain, rain and more rain!