Thursday 22 October 2009

Grace...

...has had a birthday. We were never quite sure when her birthday, she was adopted several years ago from a very nice bear maker from Sheffield. We first met Grace at the bear fair held twice a year at Pudsey. She had been commissioned as a Christmas gift by a man for his girl friend. But they had broken up and he did not buy her. So there she was in March looking for a new home. We thought that her would have been born by the previous October so her birthday is now 17 October. She came dressed in a navy blue dress but it was obvious that she was not going to be content with just one dress. She probably now as more stuff than me. Some bought in sales and some made by her dressmaker.
(Guess who that is).



here she is with her party guests

She was allowed to choose something for her birthday and decided to raid the stash. She wants a skirt and jumper


Biddle and Gardener Bunny have been busy at the allotment trying out the new fork and spade



I think John has done the bulk of the work though


He was very excited because he has been visited by a robin who sat on the newly dug earth watching and waiting for worms.
We have put some food in the apple tree for other birds that might want to visit


I am enjoying the tutoring I am doing three afternoons a week. And its bringing in a bit of money. It does mean I get other things done in the morning before I go. The children are keen to work and I hope they do benefit from it.

My secrets are coming along nicely and I have some ideas for other stuff I want to make. Its half term next week although I don't deserve as as I am not working very much. John has three days off and so we will probably go out one of the days. We might re visit
here

We alter the clocks on Sunday and fall back into Autumn. Winter really will be just around the corner.

Thank you for stopping by and for the comments last time.

5 comments:

Shari said...

happy birthday to the sweet bear! Too cute.
I see progress on the land! That is great!!!
Love the bird food hanging in the trees! I have been feeding/watering a beautiful male cardinal!

Angie in T.O. said...

Happy Birthday Grace!
Our winter birds have started to return, and we welcome them. We follow the seasons more by the birds in the yard then what the calendar says.

Lyn said...

I love to feed the birds and we get quite a variety in winter. Can't wait to see th progress of the allotment.
Love
Lyn
xxx

Irene said...

Happy Birthday to Grace !

Pumpkin said...

LOL! Love the pictures :o)

I know it's not much but at least it will get you out of the house and bring in a bit of money. Maybe word will get around too?